WHAT TO DO
1. Free Consultation
- Because every location is unique and specific, it is wise to call for a free consultation.
- Have Dean come to your location for a free consultation and estimate. Call (206) 324-5055 for an appointment.
2. Find out what is in your water.
- While the free Island County water test checks primarily for bacteria, it does not provide information on mineral content or other contaminants.
- For a thorough analysis, have a water test done by a professional lab. Here are your options: You can take and deliver your own sample to a lab. Fill a sample bottle and take it to B&W Pumps in Freeland, Department of Health in Coupeville, Island Water in Oak Harbor, or Edge Analytical in Burlington.
- Call Shelley Ess, with Essential Water Services, at (360) 929-1116. She will come to your home, take the sample, and deliver it to Edge Analytical lab in Burlington. Shelley’s minimum testing charge is $35.00. The lab fee for each individual analyses is $22, with exceptions; you can request a general test or you can test for specific items. The results will be available within two weeks.
- Otherwise, Dean will send in a water sample to his lab for free. Specifically he will test for iron, manganese, tannin, pH, and hardness, which are the primary issues for most of the water on Whidbey. For a customized oxygen system we will next-day-air your water sample and test for up to 150 different contaminants, for free.
3. Decide what to remove from your water.
- Once we know what you want and what you don’t want in your water, we can determine the best technology to remove each element. Each system is customized for size, flow rate, contamination levels, and use.
- Decide if you want to treat all the water in your whole house, or simply filter water at a sink or shower.
4. Order your customized system.
- After your system has been designed and you are happy with the plan, then the equipment is ordered.
- Installation can take one to two days, depending on the complexity of the project.
- Once your water system is installed and operating, Dean will personally explain every part and will talk you through how to troubleshoot, maintain and operate this nearly maintenance-free system. While you should be able to maintain everything yourself, Dean is local and accessible by cell phone 24/7 and will help you long-term. You are not just getting a system. You are receiving dedicated local service along with it.